TODAY 23 MAY Exclusive Jeep News
JEEP AMBASSADOR HAYDEN QUINN TO HIT THE GRILL IN STYLEJanuary 11, 2012
Ruggedness meets luxury at this year’s Jeep Portsea Polo on Saturday January 14th, when newly appointed ambassador Hayden Quinn takes to the Jeep Grille to prepare a signature summer dish designed to tantalise and excite the tastebuds of guests. Following his recent success on the 2011 series of Network Ten’s MasterChef, Hayden Quinn...more below
Jeep Ambassador Hayden Quinn to Hit the Grill in Style
Chrysler Australia’s General Manager of Marketing, Sam Tabart said, “Hayden was an obvious fit for Jeep; he is adventurous, authentic, engaging and possesses the Don’t Hold Back attitude that we love here at Jeep.
His work as a professional lifeguard and love of food really translates to our brand, where ruggedness meets luxury. Jeep is delighted to have Hayden on board and excited to taste his idea of summer at the Jeep Grille at this year’s Jeep Portsea Polo.”
Hayden Quinn will present an exclusive cooking demonstration for guests of the Jeep Grille at the Jeep Portsea Polo at 12:30pm on Saturday 14th January, 2012.
Seared Scallop, Pickled Watermelon, Crispy Amaranth
Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus 30 mins pickling time)
Cooking time: 5 minutes
What’s in it?
1. 10 slices of watermelon
2. 1/2 cup (125ml) piping hot water
3. 1/4 cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
4. 3 tablespoons sugar
5. 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
6. 1 long red chilli sliced
7. 10 fresh plump scallops, roe removed, detached and cleaned (retain shells)
8. Sea salt flakes
10. 1 1/2 tablespoons puffed amaranth
11. Coriander cress
12. Purple basil cress
Putting it all together:
1. Slice watermelon and place in resealable container. Combine hot water, rice wine vinegar, sugar, coriander seed and chilli. Stir until sugar dissolves and then cover watermelon with pickling liquid. Place into fridge for no longer than 30 mins.
2. Season scallops lightly with sea salt, heat a medium heavy based frying pan on high heat, add a knob of butter to pan and in batches, cleaning out pan and adding more butter each time, caramelise the scallops on each side so they are just cooked and golden.
3. To serve place chilled pickled watermelon rectangle on canapé serving spoon, top with seared scallop, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon puffed amaranth, garnish with coriander and purple basil cresses. Serve immediately.
New Vehicles Released
Motor Vehicle History